L1 Practitioner Training
This one-day training course aims to develop skilled Positive Regard Practitioners that can confidently use relational practice within their setting. This course will focus on a variety of skills to help contribute towards a reduction in challenging behaviours.
This training is open to anyone working with children and young people.
SKILLS ON COMPLETION
On completion of the course, participants will gain the confidence to be able to use the principles of Positive Regard within their practice.
- Understand and translate behaviour
- Use appropriate strategies for any behaviour
- Use regulation strategies that have purpose and intent
- Invite children into your calm rather than joining them in their chaos
- Repair situations and make successful long lasting behaviour changes
- Values and ethos
- Systems vs relationships
- Impact of trauma
- Technological interruptions
- De-escalation techniques
- Regulation techniques
- Language scripts to support
- Challenging behaviours
- Restorative approaches
We also offer the option for you to host our training in your school/service. Please get in touch to find out more.