Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health
Wellbeing is now in the Ofsted framework. Having at least one member of staff in your school trained in Mental Health First Aid contributes massively to this agenda.
This one-day course will cover the content of the Level 1 course, and will also expand course members’ knowledge on the effects of drugs and alcohol, understand the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and how to support a positive mental health culture within your setting.
SKILLS ON COMPLETION
You will gain a broadened awareness of mental health.
Level 2 Accredited Course
The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to re-qualify for a further three years.
- Why do people develop mental health issues
- Learn strategies to offer support and advice
- Recognise & management of stress
- Recognising mental health conditions
- Understanding substance abuse
- Understanding the first aid action plan
- Creating a positive mental health culture
We also offer the option for you to host our training in your school/service. Please get in touch to find out more.
Search a course
in your area
Need to book your school on this course?
Please get in touch with us for group bookings.