Team Teach – Level 2
All our courses are delivered by experienced, knowledgeable trainers. They carefully consider the training needs of participants to ensure they can confidently put positive behaviour management strategies into action in their school.
Increasing safety, and reducing restraint. While our courses focus on de-escalation and communication strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour without physical intervention, they also cover positive handling training for schools and other education settings which minimise restraint and intrusive intervention.
Anyone who is operating in a medium-risk setting such as:
- Pupil referral units
- Generic special schools
- SEMH provisions
- Alternative provisions
- Post 16
- Inclusion units within a mainstream setting
- Children’s homes
SKILLS ON COMPLETION
Upon completing this course, a participant will be able to fully understand the rationale and principles of the Team Teach approach:
- Participants will be fully aware of which strategies are most appropriate for any given situation, and will have a far deeper understanding of the causes of disruptive behaviour.
- They will be equipped with the expertise and confidence to stay safe, to carry out simple de-escalation strategies, and to apply basic positive handling, mostly focused on guiding and
escorting service users.
- Upon successful completion, participants will receive certification which is valid for 24 months.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- Background to Team Teach
- The Legal Framework
- Understanding Aggression
- How feelings drive behaviours
- De-escalation and diffusion
- Personal Safety
- Positive Handing – Guiding, escorting, break away and restrictive physical intervention techniques
- Repair, Reflection and Review
We also offer the option for you to host our training in your school/service. Please get in touch to find out more.
*Discounts are available depending on cohort size and level of training required