All our courses are delivered by experienced, knowledgeable trainers. They carefully consider the training needs of participants to ensure they can confidently put positive behaviour management strategies into action in their school.
Increasing safety, and reducing restraint. While our courses focus on de-escalation and communication strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour without physical intervention, they also cover positive handling training for schools and other education settings which minimise restraint and intrusive intervention.
Anyone who is operating is supporting children, young people and vulnerable adults with extreme, aggressive, dangerous and/or complex challenging behaviour, who may pose a risk to themselves or others in high-risk Education and Health and Social Care settings.
SKILLS ON COMPLETION
Upon completing this course, a participant will be able to fully understand the rationale and principles of the Team Teach approach:
- Strategies to ensure personal safety and the reduction of risk and restraint
- A wide range of safe and authorised physical restraint techniques which are appropriate in safely responding to and designed for best supporting distressed behaviour, which focus on maximum care -minimum force
- To build confidence and competence to apply a range of physical restraint and handling strategies, with the knowledge to help choose the appropriate and safest response
- Upon successful completion, participants will receive certification which is valid for 12 months.
Modules that are covered
- Advanced Ground Holds
- Ground Fights
- Assaults Transport
- Everyday Objects Used as Weapons
Pricing to be discussed based on a training needs analysis