Positive Regard Instructor Training
This one day training course aims to develop skilled Positive Regard Instructors that can confidently use relational practice and support the development of others through training.
This programme is open to anyone working with children and young people who are looking to take their first steps into training and helping colleagues with supporting behaviour
Skills on Completion
On completion of the course, participants will become Positive Regard Instructors. As a Positive Regard Instructor you will be an advocate for supporting young people and up skilling other to use relational approaches.
- Supporting the behaviour of children and young people
- The ability to create Positive Regard Practitioners within your setting
- Confidence in delivery
- Improved iterpersonal skills
- Understanding of the theoretical and practical components of relational practice
- Value & Ethos
- Systems vs relationships
- Impact of trauma
- Technological interruptions
- De-escalation techniques
- The impact of stress on the developing brain
- Regulation techniques
- Restorative approach
- Language scripts to support challenging behaviours
- Resources and skills for delivery
We also offer the option for you to host our training in your school/service. Please get in touch to find out more.